Everything I Needed to Know About Life I Learned from a Jigsaw Puzzle
1. Don't force a fit---if something is meant to be, it will come together naturally.
2. When things aren't going so well, take a break. Everything will look different
when you return.
3. Be sure to look at the big picture. Getting hung up on the little pieces only
leads to frustration.
4. Perseverance pays off. Every important puzzle went together bit by bit, piece
5. When one spot stops working, move to another. But be sure to come back later (see
6. The creator of the puzzle gave you the picture as a guidebook. Refer to the Creator's
7. Variety is the spice of life. It's the different colours and patterns that make
the puzzle interesting.
8. Working together with friends and family makes any task fun.
9. Establish the border first. Boundaries give a sense of security and order.
10. Don't be afraid to try different combinations. Some matches are surprising.
11. Take time often to celebrate your successes (even little ones).
12. Anything worth doing takes time and effort. A great puzzle can't be rushed.
13. When you finally reach the last piece, don't be sad. Rejoice in the masterpiece
you've made and enjoy a well-deserved rest.
Copyright 2001 Jacquie Sewell reproduced
by permission, not to be used for commercial purposes.